Not 10, but 6 things about jMeter
I list down some "good to know" things about jMeter. Hope it helps you while considering the jMeter scripts design, development and execution.
- Its open source Java tool for functional and load testing.
- Can be "extended" to create new sampler, controller etc.
- Module Controller - If your scripts are going heavy and you found many copy-paste steps; in that case just create a module of those steps. Module is like a function in programming.
- Include controller - Some modules are global and can be used in many scripts, in that case just include that JMX into your main JMX, like you include JSP tag.
- Parameterized Controller - Third party controller which enable us to pass various runtime parameters to sample. Usually sits on top of module controller. http://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/
- jMeter scripts can be executed from ANT, it help in automating the daily execution of scripts. (Can be triggered from nightly build process from your CI server): http://www.programmerplanet.org/pages/projects/jmeter-ant-task.php The same site also got one XSLT for transforming your JTL (jMeter log of sript execution) to HTML report.